Fifteen participants of the Reconciliation Track at the 2004 Lausanne Forum met April 7-10 in Coventry, England, UK, to organize and launch the Global Network for Reconciliation.
Among the highlights:
- A mission statement was crafted: “As followers of Jesus Christ, we pursue God's mission of reconciliation as we embody its vision in our network and inspire the global Christian community to engage a world of brokenness and destructive conflicts.”
- A membership commitment was drafted.
- A new core leadership team was unanimously elected.Individuals in each position can serve up to three years:
- CELESTIN MUSEKURA, President, Africa Leadership & Reconciliation Ministries, Rwanda/USA.
- LISA LODEN, Managing Director, Caspari Center for Biblical and Jewish Studies, Israel, and BEATRICE MWAKA, Project Director (Africa), International Centre for Reconciliation, Coventry Cathedral, UK.
BILL LOWREY, Director, Peacebuilding & Reconciliation, World Vision International, USA.
- DAVID PORTER, Director, Center for Contemporary Christianity in Ireland, Northern Ireland.
- CHRIS RICE, Co-Director, Duke Divinity School Center for Reconciliation, US. Rice will also serve as liaison to the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization (LCWE).
Five to seven people will be added to the leadership team in the future.
We invite you to rejoice with us in the successful launch of the Global Network for Reconciliation. We covet your prayers as the leadership team begins to serve in their new roles.